- 2014-2019 Doctor of Philosophy in Organic Chemistry, Synthesis for Biology and Medicine Centre for Doctoral training (SBM CDT), University of Oxford.
“New Chiral Phosphoramidite Ligands for Transition Metal Catalysed Asymmetric Transformations with the aid of Quantitative Structure-Selectivity Relationships” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Stephen P. Fletcher (experimental), Prof. Dr. Robert S. Paton (computational), and Dr. Mike Mortimore (industrial).
- 2010-2014 Master of Chemistry (MChem), University of Oxford: First Class
- 2008-2010 A-level Qualification, d’Overbroecks College, Oxford.
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics: 5A*
- 2017 Commendation awarded for performance in the probationary research student (PRS) transfer.
- 2011-2014 Demyship awarded for exceptionally good academic work, tutorials and examination performance for three consecutive academic years, Magdalen College, University of Oxford.
- 2006-Present A full scholarship from Development and Promotion of Science and Technology Talents Project (DPST, the Royal Thai Government) for education towards DPhil.
- 2019 Postdoctoral Research Associate with Prof. Stephen Fletcher, University of Oxford
- 2018 Demonstrating for undergraduate central teaching lab, University of Oxford.
- 2017-2018 Demonstrating for undergraduate Organic Teaching Laboratory, Dyson Perrins, Oxford.
- 2017 Placement (3 months) on synthesis of novel chiral phosphoramidite ligands at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- 2015-2017 Tutorials for first year undergraduate Chemistry students:
Organic Chemistry Revision classes (2017) for St.Hilda’s College.
Mathematics for Chemists (2016-2017) for St.Hugh’s and Trinity college.
Introduction to Chemical Biology (2016) for St.Hilda’s College.
Mathematics for Chemists (2015-2016) for Lincoln college.
- 2015-2017 Demonstrating for Centre for Doctorial training short courses:
Introduction to Computation in Organic Chemistry course.
Introduction to Organic Chemistry course.
- 2012 Summer placement (9 weeks) with National Metal and Materials Technology Centre (MTEC) Thailand – Development of small scale palm oil refinery.
- 2011 Summer placement (8 weeks) – The Synthesis of Kinase inhibitor (LY294002) under supervision of Prof. Dr. Timothy Donohoe, University of Oxford.
- 2010 Apprenticeship (3 weeks) with National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) Thailand – Isolation of biologically active compounds from Xylaria sp.
Peer reviewed journal publications:
- “Cascade polycyclizations in natural product synthesis”, R. Ardkhean, D. F. J. Caputo, S. M. Morrow, H.Shi, Y. Xiong, E. A. Anderson, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2016, 45, 1557-1569.
- “Enantioselective conjugate addition catalyzed by a copper-phosphoramidite complex: Computational and experimental exploration of asymmetric induction”, R. Ardkhean, P. M. C. Roth, R. M. Maksymowicz, A. Curran, Q. Peng, R. S. Paton, S. P. Fletcher, ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 6729−6737.
- “The efficacy of the quercetin analogue LY294002 in immortalized cancer cell lines is related to the oxygenic and metabolic status of cells” X. Huang, M. Potter, B. Pilgrim, R. Ardkhean, M. Kabeshov, T. D. Claridge, M. Wiseman, K. J. Morten, T. J. Donohoe, H. E. Townley, Int. J. Cancer Ther. Oncol. 2017, 5.
- “Formation of quaternary centres by copper catalysed asymmetric conjugate addition to β substituted cyclopentenones with the aid of a quantitative structure-selectivity relationship”, R. Ardkhean, M. Mortimore, R. S. Paton, S. P. Fletcher, Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 2628 – 2632.
Research of Interests
Computer Aided Drug Design and Discovery, particularly Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships